Administrative Assistant shall provide administrative support for the Fairmont State Foundation office. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the front desk, welcoming guests, directing inquiries, and data entry related to gift and accounts payable processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides first point of contact with a for the Foundation, by welcoming guests and customers, answering and directing inquiries received in person or on the phone displaying excellent customer service
- Manage mail to ensure staff documents are sent and mail received is distributed to appropriate staff
- Collects daily donations received by the Foundation and other university departments; evaluates, sorts and totals all donations made daily in order to create daily gift batches in Raiser's Edge
- Processes daily gift batches in a timely and accurate fashion which includes analyzing gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift to be processed; selecting appropriate acknowledgement letter based on documented criteria
- Produces gift receipts and individualized acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and accurate fashion
- Performs data entry for accounts payable process by entering invoices in to Financial Edge
- Prints and mails checks on a weekly basis
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Records and transcribes minutes in a timely manner from all Board of Director’s and Committee meetings
- Performs related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2 years of related experience is required. Combination of education and experience may be considered
- Able to work independently
- Strong, positive team player with a collaborative work style
- Knowledge of Privacy regulations and rules required
Skills and abilities:
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variable and volatile workflow, which will involve multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail; highly developed recall and memory are definite assets
- Excellent computer skills - proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, while operating as a strong team player
- Flexibility, able to easily respond to evolving requests
May be required to use the computer screen for extensive periods of time.
Occasional lifting of 15 to 20 lbs.
Extended working hours may be necessary.
Interested qualified candidates should forward a cover letter outlining how their skills and experiences match the above requirements, a current resume, and information for three professional references via email to: email@example.com. Please include "Admin" in the subject line.