This position shall provide marketing and communications assistance to the staff of Fairmont State Foundation as needed. The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting with and monitoring the organization’s social media accounts. Additionally, this person will be tasked with a variety of marketing duties for any external written communications for the Foundation. Flexible schedule with 10-12 hour per week commitment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain Fairmont State Foundation’s online presence on LinkedIn by posting items as directed and interacting with followers weekly.
- Create a Twitter account for the Foundation and build a following so that the organization may use it going forward to communicate to and engage with constituents.
- Assist in writing and editing news articles, social media content and other external written communication as assigned.
- Assist in reviewing work for grammatical, technical and visual accuracy.
- Be present at special events as requested to assist in the promotion and recording of the event.
- Current Fairmont State student studying journalism, marketing or other communication related field
- Experience with social media tools and techniques
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent writing skills and application of grammatical rules
- Proficient in all major social media platforms
- Excellent computer skills - proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Flexibility, able to easily respond to evolving requests.
May be required to use the computer screen for extensive periods of time.
Occasional lifting of 15 to 20 lbs.
Extended working hours may be necessary.
Interested qualified candidates should forward a current resume via email to: email@example.com. Please include "Intern" in the subject line.