The Development Assistant shall provide administrative support to the President and manage daily gift deposits to the Foundation including analysis and processing of gift batches in Raiser's Edge, production of gift receipts, individualized acknowledgement letters and assist in maintaining data integrity. The position also serves as the liaison to the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides first point of contact for the Foundation, by welcoming guests and customers, answering and directing inquiries received in person or on the phone.
- Maintains President’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Reviews, proofreads, and formats all correspondence prepared for the President’s signature to ensure accuracy and completeness, etc. as well as consistency with organizational policy.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge donor database, including corrections, address changes, and additions to the database.
- Collect daily donations received by the Foundation and other university departments; evaluate, sort and total all donations made on a daily basis in order to create daily gift batches.
- Process daily gift batches in a timely and accurate fashion which includes analyzing gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift to be processed; selecting appropriate acknowledgement letter based on documented criteria.
- Produce gift receipts and individualized acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assist with the accounts payable process.
- Records and transcribes minutes in a timely manner from all Board of Director’s and Committee meetings.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board and Board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Monitors all Board documents including but not limited to: Confidentiality Agreements, Board Giving, Conflict of Interest, etc. and report any deficiencies promptly to the Foundation Chair or Vice Chair.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in regard to gift and database records.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of related experience is required. Combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Able to work independently.
- Well known for being a strong, positive team player with a collaborative work style.
- Knowledge of Privacy regulations and rules required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variable workflow, which will involve multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail; highly developed recall and memory are definite assets.
- Excellent computer skills - proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- In-depth knowledge of donor database management system Raiser’s Edge or similar is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, while operating as a strong team player.
- Flexibility, able to easily respond to evolving requests.
May be required to use the computer screen for extensive periods of time.
Occasional lifting of 15 to 20 lbs.
Extended working hours may be necessary.
Interested qualified candidates should forward a cover letter outlining how their skills and experiences match the above requirements, a current resume, and information for four professional references via email to: email@example.com. Please include "DA" in the subject line.