In order to attract the best students to our campus, we must continue to offer a wide range of competitive scholarship opportunities. When a new scholarship fund or endowed scholarship is established, we help you determine the criteria for choosing scholarship recipients. In this way, your values and goals continue to make an impact through your gift.
Establishing an impact or endowed scholarship is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of students for years to come while also creating a legacy for you and your family. Fairmont State Foundation offers a variety of giving options to afford donors at every level the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students through scholarship support.
Creating a scholarship fund is a very personal decision. Such a gift allows you to create a legacy in your own life and personally impact the lives of the students you help. When establishing a scholarship fund, you can:
- Direct your gift to areas of interest that support undergraduates or graduates in a specific program.
- Specify scholarship criteria important to you.
- Name your scholarship in memory or in honor of an individual, business or organization.
- Receive possible tax benefits, when applicable.
- Help the university remain competitive.
- Create a diverse learning community.
- Relieve debt and create an opportunity for students.
Endowed scholarship funds are permanent and perpetual. The principal gift is invested in our foundation’s endowment, and a portion of the earnings generated funds a scholarship award. The principal remains untouched, allowing the endowment to last in perpetuity.
- Established with a principal gift of $25,000 or more
- Single gift or annual installments over five years
- Awarded once the minimum investment is met
- Named Annual Scholarships
- Funded with a gift of $5,000 or more
- Single payment or annual installments over five years